Tuesday, November 3, 2009

All the People Ft. Robert Moore 'Cramp Your Style'



'Cramp Your Style' by All the People ft. Robert Moore. Often sampled track but all time classic is 'I'm Still Number One' by BDP slowed down with KRS dropping knowledge. First heard 'I'm still Number One' while I was taping the Red Alert show back in '88. My brother ended up 'borrowing' that cassette and taking it with him to New Mexico and when I caught up with him there a year later he had taped over it with some rock garbage (to me at that time anyway) had to shed a tear for that lost document of freshness. Probably heard 'Cramp Your Style' at a Soul Kitchen party but who can say exactly when and where during those days filled with 40's and blunts. That's where I got the widest exposure to funk/soul/disco/breaks thanks to Frankie Inglese. Still don't own that 45 in my now dwindling  vinyl collection due mostly to Serato and my ex moving out, forcing me to rent second bedroom that housed my sneakers and records so nicely. Now I sleep among them alone (mostly). Ah memories...


No comments:

Post a Comment